Duties of the School Bus Operator position, includes by not limited to the following:
- Transport children and other passengers to and from different locations.
- Obey all traffic laws and speeding limits.
- Ensure the safety of all passengers.
- Assist passengers with getting on and off the bus as needed.
- Discipline children as needed to maintain a safe environment.
- Complete transportation log at each stop to ensure all passengers are accounted for.
- Perform inspections of the bus before and after each route.
- Maintain a clean, sanitized and mechanically sound bus at all times.
- Attend safety and planning meetings as required.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must have a clean driving record for the past three years.
- Must be able to complete a background check.
- Must have CPR and First Aid certification or willing to obtain.
- Should be able to complete and pass Transportation training.
- Should be able to complete driver's physical examination.
- Have some experience with transporting passengers or making deliveries.
- Must be able to follow routes and find locations.