We're Hiring! Join our team.
We are seeking an Afterschool Teacher to join our rapidly growing team!
- Assist school-age children with homework and create activities designed to promote intellectual and creative growth
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with students and parents
- Communicate with parents on students' growth and progress
- Maintain the health and safety of all students
- Maintain a fun and interactive classroom that is clean and organized
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds, and work indoors or outdoors
- Must be able to assume postures in low levels to allow physical and visual contact with children, see and hear well enough to keep children safe, and engage in physical activity with children.
- Must possess minimum DCF 40hrs or active Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential or meet credentialed staff requirements
- CPR and First Aid required
- Previous experience in childcare, teaching, or other related fields
- Passionate about working with children
- Ability to build rapport with children
- Positive and patient demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to use a computer with basic proficiency
- Ability to speak, read, and write English. Bilingual, Spanish/English are welcomed
- Must be at least 21 years of age